Re: [Evolution] Unable to retrieve message

On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 08:46 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2020-01-09 at 12:51 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Can anyone tell me what's going on, how to investigate it, how to
prevent it, or how to recover?

      Hi,
I do not have an answer to any of your question, unfortunately, though
I've a question for you instead. The only thing I know about this is
that "it sometimes happens", but whenever I noticed it here and tried
to investigate, which is months or even years ago, it magically
disappeared and I didn't move any further. To my question:

I hope you'll excuse me adding to this. I see this frequently, but I
use IMAP accounts and I just put it down to multiple devices accessing
the same IMAP store. Other oddities happen as well - like messages
getting undeleted or unread randomly.  It seems particularly prevalent
when iOS devices are involved.

It feels like there is some miss-match of cache syncing policies
between devices - or something not checking for changes before syncing.
Does that sound possible to you?

As I said I just put it down to iOS not playing nicely with other
devices and ignore it!  It doesn't happen reliably enough to really
investigate deeply.

P.