Re: [Evolution] Setting up PGP

On 2020-12-30 at 20:21 -0500, Paul B. via evolution-list wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to Evolution, and I am liking its simplicity and power. The
one thing I'm stuck on for hours now is setting up PGP end to end
encryption.

I exported my key from vivaldi.net, which I had working in
Thunderbird. Then I imported it to Linux. The linux key utility
Seahorse is broken, however, and doesn't show the new key. So I
switched to the command line and imported the key and gave it
Ultimate trust.

Good.
evolution simply uses gpg on the backend, so if it works on command
line, it should work on evolution.

But the key ID is, I am told, the last 8 digits of the key
fingerprint, and using that in Evolution does not work. I've also
tried the entire key name, my email name and address, to no avail.

You can also try providing the full fingerprint, not only just the key
ID.

This is probably simple, but I'm missing it. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

It probably is. The hard part will be to determine it.
Can you provide the exact error message you get? What happens if you
try to use it from command line?

Best regards and Happy 2021