Re: [Evolution] Authentication issue with gmail imap account

I recently started getting authentication failed messages on my gmail
imap accounts in evolution, so I went into gnome-online-accounts and
deleted my gmail email account.  I then recreated the gmail online
accounts and was able to define the email accounts in evolution.

Did you recreate the account in GoA or did you create the accounts
directly in Evolution?  The latter is definitely the way to go.

seem to be interacting with the gmail imap system fine, but I keep
getting the following error messages in the GUI:

Error while Checking for new mail at "user gmail com"
Failed to authenticate Coreresponding source for service with UID
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" not found.

According to the GNOME wiki, I should set the CAMEL_DEBUG environment
variable, but I am unsure which value to use in CAMEL_DEBUG when
running evolution in debug mode while researching this problem.

It's an IMAP account, but I don't think the error will be coming from
IMAP.  You've blanked out the UID, is it a gmail address or is it an
evolution internal UID?

I suspect that you will need to remove all the gmail accounts, shutdown
evolution and all its components ("evolution --force-shutdown") and
then restart evolution and configure the gmail account within evolution
(i.e. not a GoA account)

P.