[Evolution] Evolution will send but not receive Emails

I am a very new Linux user.  Decades ago I was an HP-UX sysadmin, but starting again I went the Zorin route and I'm very happy.

I very much like Evolution.  It's a suite of useful functions and I've enjoyed getting to know it.  BUT, I can't manage to receive POP3 Emails.  My ISP's requirements are pretty basic and I had no trouble receiving on sylpheed, but Evolution will send with no problems but not receive.  It's a basic setup, port 110, no encryption, authentication by password, dead simple.  I know there's unread undelivered traffic by looking at web access, but while sylpheed will grab it evolution won't.

Please, any ideas??

John