Re: [Evolution] Evolution & onion-adress

On Thu, 2020-08-06 at 18:23 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 08:53 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list
wrote:
I filled an issue for you:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/237

      Hi,
just a little follow up, thus you know I didn't forget of it. I wrote
it also to the bug report:

----

I verified this and all looks fine, the proxy is used and the changes
in the settings are propagated as soon as a new connection is made to
the server (like on Refresh of the book/calendar or when a
credentials
prompt is confirmed).

I guess the problem here is the GNetworkMonitor, not being able to
reach the server behind the proxy. That's filled as
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/-/issues/1320 . A workaround to
that bug is to go to the Evolution Edit->Preferences->Network
Preferences->Method to detect online state: Always Online.

----

Well, maybe it's not only about the GNetworkMonitor, as you claimed
an
issue with the DNS in the other mail in this subthread. I hope the
"Always Online" will help at least partially.

Thanks for the follow up. I did try setting the Always Online and it
does help. Although each time I start Evolution it says it can't
connect to my Nextcloud, after one or two reconnect attempts it will
make the connection. This happens even if I just close Evolution and
restart it right away.

What is the likelihood of this getting properly fixed as the bug report
is over two years old? Perhaps it could have higher priority by
pointing out that the software violates RFC7686.

/Jerome