Re: [Evolution] Importing personal certificate

On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 10:06 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Wed, 2020-04-22 at 07:21 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
On Wed, 2020-04-22 at 09:53 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
When you have a new topic, COMPOSE A NEW MESSAGE. Do NOT reply to an
existing one. To repeat: changing the Subject line DOES NOT FIX THIS.

I got called on this years ago and learned my lesson.  How about
changing the code so changing the subject line DOES start a new
thread?  That would stop this mistake from happening.

Creating nonobvious technical behavior to work around lack of awareness
of expectations in specific (sub)cultures is usually not a good idea.

There are legit cases when to change the subject and keep the thread,
e.g. when splitting out via "Some subaspect [was: Re: Some aspect]".

Just because I wrote all in capital letters and I might not know that
it implies shouting does not mean software should convert everything to
non-capital letters. There are still legit use cases for shouting. ;)

Plus the fact that people occasionally post using MUAs other than Evo
itself, so wouldn't be affected by any such change.

poc