Re: [Evolution] pop 3 deleting emails

On Mon, 2020-04-20 at 22:21 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
You don't/can't delete mails in POP3 - the POP protocol moves the
mail
to your local machine and, for Evo, is put into the "On This
Computer"
folders.  Depending on the POP configuration the mails on the server
will either be removed automatically after they have been downloaded
or
will be left there until something else removes them. Whichever way
you
never actually see a representation of what is on the POP server in
Evo, so there is no way from the interface to delete a message on the
POP server.

---------------------

Pete,

No I didn't mean when I download them to delete them off of the server
I meant after the email was downloaded into Evo, when I hit delete it
would just cross them out instead of just moving them to trash.

But I see now... I have to do the CTRL + E to offically move them to
the trash ( in a kinda logical way ). I noticed if I mark the emails
for deletion, and you just close evo, it just unmarks them for deletion
and I have to remark them for deletion.. I found that out the hard way
earlier today.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris CWM030 com