Re: [Evolution] pop 3 deleting emails

There are a few things to unpack ...

I am having an issue with deleting emails with pop3..

You don't/can't delete mails in POP3 - the POP protocol moves the mail
to your local machine and, for Evo, is put into the "On This Computer"
folders.  Depending on the POP configuration the mails on the server
will either be removed automatically after they have been downloaded or
will be left there until something else removes them. Whichever way you
never actually see a representation of what is on the POP server in
Evo, so there is no way from the interface to delete a message on the
POP server.

 I don't know if
this is how Evo is intended to work or if this is a problem with my
setup.

But when I go to delete emails, instead of moving them to the trash
folder, the emails just get crossed out with a line through them. And
when that happens I can't figure out how to delete the emails.

Yes, that is how the "On This Computer" folders work. See Help -> Mail
Management -> Deleting and undeleting messages.  The Trash folder will
contain those messages - or rather the Trash folder is a virtual folder
that contains pointers to those messages marked for deletion in other
folders.  You can remove the deleted messages by Expunging the folder
(Ctrl-E in the folder, or File->Empty Trash to do all folders at once).

Now, if I close evo and open it, and then try to delete the emails
again, they delete and go to the trash folder like intended.

It depends on the settings of Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences ->
Delete Mail but it doesn't match with how you are describing it.
However I think these are a couple of things which you weren't aware of
and may be causing you confusion.

P.