Re: [Evolution] stale evolution-data-server

On Mon, 2019-10-07 at 11:58 +0200, Volker Wysk wrote:
I don't want to deinstall it, because it has a lot of packages
depending on it. For instance, gnome-shell and gnome-core.

        Hi,
correct, the problem is with dependencies, the evolution-data-server
(eds) data is/can-be shared between applications.

So what should I do with that double evolution-data-server? Just
leave it alone? Doesn't it lead to conflicts between the two?

Just leave it alone. They do not conflict. Furthermore, the flathub
version of Evolution uses its own eds, which can be newer than that in
your host system and it doesn't share the data with anything outside
that flatpak sandbox (thus do not expect that calendars/books added in
flatpak Evolution will be shown in gnome-shell or other applications on
the host system, or other flatpak applications also depending on eds).
        Bye,
        Milan