Re: [Evolution] Spam error message

First. Don't reply to another message to the mailing list and just
change the subject. That doesn't make it a new message and your message
to the mailing list has been put in another thread because it still
retains all the References: header

I have Evolution (3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1) installed on two pcs. It
has been running pretty much perfectly until when I now try to
forward messages I get the following message:

DATA command failed: 5.7.1 5C1AEA603EA3B84F Message content rejected
due to suspected spam. OB703”.

That is your SMTP provider rejecting your mail.

Does anybody know what's happening here? Conversely my wife has
evolution on an Arch system without these errors so I am assuming
that its a program problem and not my ISP.

No, it's not a "program problem" - something in the messages is
triggering the spam filters. Did you try googling for that error
message? Did you notice that all the reports of that error message are
from Telstra customers?

I suspect if it's only forwarded messages, and you forward them "as
attachment" and add no other content, then that's what's triggering it.

I suggest you ask on the Telstra or Bigpond forums.

P.