Re: [Evolution] 2FA or application specific passwords in Evolution

On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 15:06 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
My current Google account in Evolution is set up via GNOME Online
Accounts....

It seems there is no support for Multi-Factor Authentication.

        Hi,
do you mean no support in GOA? GOA uses OAuth2, which is basically a
process managed by the server, guiding you through their wizard, which
may or may not include two-factor-authentication. I do not see any
problem with it.

However Google offers application specific passwords,...

which you should not need, no matter whether two-factor-authentication
is enabled or not.

In other words, everything should just work. It's possible you'll be
asked to re-sign in GOA once you change your authentication settings on
the server, but (I believe) it's expected.
        Bye,
        Milan