Re: [Evolution] Outlook Style Manual Archiving - Is there a way to do it?

I am not running the latest version of evolution app here, but I
think
one can configure both the whole IMAP account or individual folders
be copied (mirrored) locally.
That should have your desired folder structure, right? Then just do
your regular evolution app backup, before deleting the older
messages.
When you have to research an older message, open that archive from
your
storage medium, extract either the whole tar or parts of it) to a
separate folder and point evolution to it (either import or some
other
method which I don't recall right now).
Then use evolution app search to get the desired information.

Thomas

Thomas,
I tried your suggestion from your first reply to my question and I got
it to list all emails that were before 1st January 2018, I then right-
clicked and selected "Save as mbox" and saved them to an mbox file on
my system.

Once I checked that the mbox file was good I then deleted the old
messages.

As you state in the above message I can now import those emails albeit
not in the same folder structure into Evo if I want to review any of
them.

Thanks for your help with this.

I do think Evo could do with a similar feature to the Outlook manual
archive and also the ability to open the archive so it looks like
another account down the left side of Evo's screen where you can open
it and browse the folder hierarchy like it was in the original folder
layout before you archived it. Then when you have finished you can
close the file and it will disappear from the left pane. There's lots
of things in Outlook, particularly the newest versions but that is one
feature that I do miss.

Siv