Re: [Evolution] Outlook Style Manual Archiving - Is there a way to do it?

Hi,

On Fri, 2019-03-15 at 14:08 +0000, Graham Sivill wrote:
Is there a plugin that does this or some other companion application that can do it? Most of what I
have seen on the web looks like a fairly manual process that looks a bit too complicated for a noob
like me. Or do I need to raise this as a new feature request.

Not an answer, just some pointers:

Under "Edit → Preferences → Mail Accounts → Edit → Defaults", you can
define an Archive Folder for your account to move older messages into.
This requires to first set a fallback folder under "Edit → Preferences
→ Mail Preferences → General → Archive Mail", I think.
Selecting "Message → Archive" in the main window manually moves the
selected message(s) to the specified archive folder.

No idea if one can set up rules to automatically archive at a certain
age: https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters.html

              .SivName {font-family:"Arial Black",Gadget, sans-serif; font-size:16pt;font-style:italic;}
              .ContactLine {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10pt;}
              .LegalText {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:8pt;}
        .BodyText {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11pt;}
        .Ruler {height: 5px; background-color: white; width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; background-image:
linear-gradient(90deg, navy 0%, white 90%);}

Whatever this is (maybe a footer), it did not work in plain text here.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net