Re: [Evolution] Junk mail and Gmail

        Hi,

On Thu, 2019-03-14 at 14:02 +1300, Steve Edmonds wrote:
I have junk filter settings all turned off...

specifically where, please? There are multiple places where one can
influence junk checking. One is in Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences
->Junk, where you can also pick which software to use for junk checking
(builtin support is for bogofilter and spamassassin, if not installed,
then the option is not shown, but if one selected, then evolution
relies on the return value form that software) and then each (IMAP)
account has an option to turn on/off junk filtering in its Properties.

Maybe you'll find something useful here:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-spam.html.en

... but Evolution persistently junks about 700 non-junk emails from
my other folders...

Are you sure it's evolution? I do not say it's not, just that I see
Gmail marking some non-junk mails as junk for me on its own, the same
as taking out of the Junk folder those messages (I think), also on its
own.

forcing me to delete the accounts in evolution, close Evolution and
go into Gmail and un-junk them.

Evolution can mark message as non-junk too, which, as a side effect,
trains the bogofilter or spamassassing and helps to make more accurate
guesses next time.

Is this a known issue or something I am missing, I couldn't locate
any discussion in archives.

Evolution 3.26.6 ...

That's very ancient version. I think (and only think) there had been
some similar issue in the past, which might be fixed for sure by
3.30.x. The current stable version is 3.32.0, if you wonder. There had
been done also some changes in junk filtering options, thus my
suggestion is to update to more recent version, at least 3.30.x.

... and 3.22.6-5.6.1

I'm not sure what this version of I-do-not-know-what references. If
even older Evolution, then eeks. :)

        Bye,
        Milan