Re: [Evolution] Color emails from people in my contacts

On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 16:32 -0400, Fletcher Moore wrote:
Well that's ingenious. I must admit I'm a recent Linux convert and am
still not fully used to having a system that is essentially wide open
like this. Thanks!

        Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean with "wide open", somehow.

Nonetheless, what Ralf suggests is an ugly hack which would "work" only
for On This Computer/Personal book, but not any other, which is
basically useless.

The junk-test has as its subpart a lookup in configured address books,
but that subpart cannot be called separately, thus it's not usable for
you.

Honestly, address book lookups proved to be a bottleneck in many ways,
definitely by causing delays, usually due to unresponsive remote
address books. I'd suggest rather to not do the address book lookup. Of
course, when there are only local address books involved, the look up
can be done more or less quickly.
        Bye,
        Milan