Re: [Evolution] EWS account goes offline after a while.

On Sun, 2019-06-23 at 14:07 +0000, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
After the latest update on Arch linux, the EWS account is being
marked as offline a little while after opening the application. Never
had such problems before, so I am guessing something in the latest
update is causing this.
Is this a known problem or? (I can close the application and then it
works ok for a little while again)

        Hi,
the only similar thing being reported recently I can think of is about
whole Evolution being offline. The problem was with the way
GNetworkMonitor reported online state. One way to workaround was to
change the implementation in Evolution's Edit->Preferences->Network
Preferences. If only the EWS account is going offline, then it can be a
different thing.

The update was for evolution and evolution-data-server from 3.32.2 to
3.32.3 (should evolution-ews also have been upgraded to 3.32.3, is
that the reason?)

There was no 3.32.3 release of evolution-ews, because there was no
change there.

After writing this, I was thinking that this may be related to that
on this EWS account, I get authentication errors all the time.

Errors like what? Could you copy&paste it here (with anything private
in it replaced), please?

Did also libsoup change? I think of:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/merge_requests/54

I can then just close the message and the account works without any
problems again , for a while. Maybe this behaviour has been changed
in the latest verson and that when the authentication error happens,
Evolution now sets the account offline?

I'm not aware of any related change off head (which doesn't mean there
didn't change anything with it; if you can downgrade only evolution-
data-server and evolution to 3.32.2, then you'll verify whether it was
really that - if trying, then do not forget to restart the machine). If
it's about those auth errors, then better to address them, than to live
with them and workaround them by some other means.
        Bye,
        Milan