Re: [Evolution] Evolution not listening to quit

Hi Michelle,

Upgraded my version of Mint, which has...
Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

Prior to upgrading Linux Mint, my evolution backup script contained the
following...

[...]

So evolution-backup is reporting the "quit" to evolution, but it
doesn't appear to be listening. Also, there never appears to be a
.running file in .local so I'm not sure what's happening.

I've tried dropping to a command prompt and just issuing...
evolution --quit

... but it doesn't respond and stays running.

Any advice please?

in rare cases I need to completely quit evolution, I use this function:

------------------------< snip snip snip >-----------------------------
_me=$( basename $0 )
EVOL="evolution"

killevolution() {