Re: [Evolution] New user - please clarify Expunge

On Fri, 2019-07-19 at 17:44 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Hi,

which Evolution version is this about?
Which mail account type is this about? (IMAP, POP, ...)

On Fri, 2019-07-19 at 16:08 +0100, James Freer wrote:
I was pleased evolution installed without hitch but I am a bit unsure
on the
Expunge. I want to automatically delete messages over 24 months. Went
into
Folder > Properties > AutoArchive (selecting delete old messages over
24
months). That marks them for deletion but when I did a folder Expunge
it did
not seem to clear them. So I am wondering how that is to work. [I put
all
messages into the All Mail folder (rather than inbox)]. Maybe there
is a better
method.

What is an "All Mail folder"? Is that something you created and you
move Inbox messages there via a filter rule?

All Mail is a Gmail label which in effect matches all your non-deleted
and non-spam mail independently of which other labels it has (i.e. in
which other folders it is stored). Given that Gmail labels are not in
exact correspondence with Evolution folders (a message can have
multiple labels) it might be better to de-select All Mail (see under
Folder->Subscriptions), though I don't know if this will solve this
issue.

poc