Re: [Evolution] EWS account goes offline after a while.

On Wed, 2019-06-26 at 14:37 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2019-06-26 at 12:16 +0000, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
The error that comes, is this:

Failed to refresh folder "accountname:Inbox".
The reported error was “Authentication failed”

      Hi,
you can try to run evolution with EWS debugging like this:

   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution

and when this authentication error shows up, you can find it in the log
and eventually see whether the server returned any additional
information, which could not be shown in the GUI. Just in case.

Ok, I have downgraded evolution and evolution-data-server and now I
am back to the way it was.

Hmm, I'd not expect that, but maybe this one "Change how
CamelOfflineStore goes online" in eds is related. Eventually also
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/479

About the authentication erros, we had a go on this for a while ago
but did not really come to any conclusions..

I'm sorry, that might be a long time ago.

The problem seems to be firewall related.. I can use the same version
of Evolution inside work (inside the LAN) and there I have no such
errors. But here at home, I have those errors.

You should use the external EWS URL when you are not on the internal
network. The servers can provide such addresses (one for internal and
one for external access point). When you run with debugging on (as
shown above) and in the EWS account Properties-> Receiving Email tab
click "Fetch URL", you'll see some XML data related to autodiscover.
That's what the server advertises. Search for Exchange.asmx there. It
can also depend whether you use NTLM or Basic authentication, I think.

(But I am connected to the same mailserver from my iphone but I am
using activesync on my phone so I guess that's why I do not have the
same issues there..)

Right, those are two different protocols. I do not know whether you've
them available on the same server (host name).
      Bye,
      Milan