Re: [Evolution] Evolution & gmail (imap) folder sync issues

Hello Andre
Thank you for replying.
1. What is the exact error message?  Please, see attached
2. Is this an IMAP account?  Yes, as per Subject
3. Which "certain folders"? These are folders I have created.  I have subsequently noticed that this is ANY folder where I have used a "&" in the name.  So I have fixed it for me by simply (via a browser) replacing folders in my google account that have a "&" with a "+" and then trying to create a new folder with the new name in Evolution, which it eventually rejects and changes the old automatically.  This is NOT a good solution:
a. If there are a lot of folders it can take a long time
b. It is a backward step, as it was an allowed character in the past.
c. It makes filling difficult when using, for instance, the name of a company and that company spells its name with a "&". Then it may become difficult to find.
4. Normal inbox subfolders? Or something like Drafts?  No.  Folders I created.
5. Which own folders?  As above.  Seems that the folders Evolution created were/are part names of folders with the "&" character.

So, for me, this has moved on, but the problem still remains.  I have merely created a short term quick fix, but the problem is still there.

Kindest regards

Jonathan
Encs.

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 16:11, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 14:03 +0100, Administration Baroni-Limited wrote:
> In the past week, I have started having issues with Evolution. I use
> 5 email accounts in Evolution, all google hosted, and all
> synchronised with calendar and contacts etc. I have used this
> configuration since 2008 when I first moved to Ubuntu. HOWEVER: About
> a week or so ago, I found that in synchronising, and when trying to
> open certain folders or move messages to certain folders, I'd get an
> error message saying that it can't be done as the folder does not
> exist.

What is the exact error message? Is this an IMAP account? Which
"certain folders"? Normal inbox subfolders? Or something like Drafts?

> It does, I have used it (them) for some time. They exist in other
> apps and online via browser, but Evolution is having problems. I have
> also noted that it has created it's own folders, that do not exist,
> again, I can not remove them as they do not exist.

Which own folders?

> It started in only one account and has spread to another account, so
> not all as yet.
>
> I have deleted the two accounts and recreated them but get exactly
> the same problem.  Seems to be related to "&" in the folder name.
>
> I have attached 2 screenshots.
> A genuine folder that can not be accessed or used:  Note all sub
> folders do not show either
> A false folder Evolution has created:

None of the links (?) to those images work: "The administrator may have
required you to register before you can view this page."

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net