Re: [Evolution] Evolution & gmail (imap) folder sync issues

Hi,

On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 14:03 +0100, Administration Baroni-Limited wrote:
In the past week, I have started having issues with Evolution. I use
5 email accounts in Evolution, all google hosted, and all
synchronised with calendar and contacts etc. I have used this
configuration since 2008 when I first moved to Ubuntu. HOWEVER: About
a week or so ago, I found that in synchronising, and when trying to
open certain folders or move messages to certain folders, I'd get an
error message saying that it can't be done as the folder does not
exist.

What is the exact error message? Is this an IMAP account? Which
"certain folders"? Normal inbox subfolders? Or something like Drafts?

It does, I have used it (them) for some time. They exist in other
apps and online via browser, but Evolution is having problems. I have
also noted that it has created it's own folders, that do not exist,
again, I can not remove them as they do not exist.

Which own folders?

It started in only one account and has spread to another account, so
not all as yet.

I have deleted the two accounts and recreated them but get exactly
the same problem.  Seems to be related to "&" in the folder name.

I have attached 2 screenshots.
A genuine folder that can not be accessed or used:  Note all sub
folders do not show either
A false folder Evolution has created:

None of the links (?) to those images work: "The administrator may have
required you to register before you can view this page."

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net