Re: [Evolution] Mail sent from IMAPX account disappeared after message sent

On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 14:38 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 09:08 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:

This is with Plain Text and Quote reply set.

And yet it's still wrong. Your actual text in the reply posted to the
list starts with '> ', which is the usual convention for quoted
material (and my reply -- i.e. this message -- then adds another '> ',
as per convention, which is why you're seeing two sets). Nothing in
Evolution would do that by default, so either you are entering those
characters manually, or you're maybe using an external editor which is
doing it. That's what's causing the confusion. Note that this text I'm
typing does NOT start with those characters. They only appear to the
left of the section of your message that I'm quoting.

Also, as Pete also said, please consider trimming your replies to the
relevant part of the message you are commenting on (as I'm doing here).

poc