Re: [Evolution] Mail sent from IMAPX account disappeared after message sent

On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 13:01 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 20:35 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 23:15 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 13:03 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 18:12 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 10:19 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 15:06 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 09:31 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
RE: 3.30.1-1build1  OS: Ubuntu 18.10
Within the past hour, I sent out an e-mail using one of the
IMAPXaccounts on my PC. I went to find the sent mail in the Sent
folderfor the e-mail account I used and the sent message was not
there.
Ithen logged on the webmail for the account, and it was not
thereeither.
I could not find the e-mail in any other mail account on myPC. I
used my
PC to send a test e-mail to two other e-mail accounts Ican use.
The test
message went to the correct Sent folder on my PCand on the
webmail
account.
What do I need to do to find the text of the missing e-mail?

Was the mail actually sent?  (i.e. did the recipient get it?)
If not, is it still in your Outbox (under "On This Computer")?
P.Thank you.  I have checked the general outbox, sent, and
draftsfolders.  Message was not in those folders.

John: Your threading level is broken in the last two lines. ^
If you do not have filters for outgoing email defined [1], then
maybethat
message got lost and there is a bug somewhere. If you can identify
reproducible steps and this happens more often toyou, a bug report
would be
welcome.
andre
[1]
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters.html

 id="-x-evo-selection-start-marker">
The original e-mail came in on 26/12 to the IMAPX with GoDaddy.  I
forwarded
the message using my IMAPX account with ARVIXE.  I am going to try the
same
procedure and see what happens.

As Andre said, something is broken in your reply quoting. Please try to
fix this as it makes following the thread more difficult than
necessary.

poc

Please let me know correct choice for "Reply style" and Forward Style"

It's not the "Style" that's at issue - the problem is that your replies
are at the same nesting/quote level as the person you are replying to.

If you look at the text directly above, the text that Patrick wrote has
two '>' in front of it, and so has the text you wrote. It makes it much
more difficult to work out what it is you actually typed. In my reply
your text should only have one '>' in front of it.

If you are using HTML (bleurghh) then you can see in your reply to
Patrick on the list that there is a single line in front of your text
the same as Patrick's text has. This single line is the equivalent of
the '>' quote indicator.

In other words *your* reply looks like it's actually part of some one
else's quoted email.

When you start typing your reply you should make sure there is no '>'
or blue line to the left of where you are typing - possibly get into
the habit of removing superfluous content (such as other people's
signatures and unnecessary text) and position your cursor on a
completely blank line (above your own signature, if any).  It's easier
to deal with if you don't use HTML formatted emails.

P.