Re: [Evolution] evolution

On Tue, 2019-02-19 at 12:52 +0100, Helmut Bardeli wrote:
I use evolution version 3.26.6-lp150.2.6 with opensuse leap 15.

Evolution crashes at startup with

Thread 1 "evolution" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007fffda33ec5d in ?? () from
/usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so

        Hi,
crashes in GSettings/DConf code sometimes mean that certain scheme is
not installed. Does evolution print anything before it aborts when you
just run it from a terminal? The same text should be shown in the gdb
console, though you didn't include it, if there was any. The simplest
is to open a terminal and run `evolution` in it. Anything printed after
the invocation of the `evolution` command might be related.

#4  0x00007fffc78fd4d8 in settings_deprecated_constructed
(object=<optimized out>)
     at /usr/src/debug/evolution-3.26.6-
lp150.2.6.x86_64/src/modules/settings/e-settings-deprecated.c:559

The above shows [1]:

558     else
559             g_settings_reset (priv->mail_settings, "show-headers");
560     g_strfreev (strv_value);

Thus I guess the GSetting schema is missing the show-headers key, or
it's not recompiled for some reason. You might want to ask your
distribution how the schemas are installed (maybe in a separate
package, though it would not make much sense), because I see the key
being part of the org.gnome.evolution.mail schema [2]. On the other
hand, the key itself is there for a long time, thus maybe the problem
is completely somewhere else.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/blob/gnome-3-26/src/modules/settings/e-settings-deprecated.c#L559