Re: [Evolution] Not downloading all mail

On Tue, 2019-12-10 at 13:15 -0500, Dave Olson via evolution-list wrote:
The accounts are all POP3

        Hi,
there didn't change anything in POP3 for years. At least nothing major.
The connection is handled by glib-networking, which probably uses
gnutls in the background in your installation (there is an openssl
backend now too). Thunderbird uses NSS/NSPR instead.

Could you verify the connection parameters are exactly the same between
Evolution and Thunderbird? I really mean the same, the Receiving Email
tab in account properties in Evolution and all its values on that tab.

You can also see what POP3 does when you enable debugging for it:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging#POP3

To know what evolution does, or better what it is waiting for, you can
get a backtrace of it. You should have installed debuginfo packages for
evolution-data-server (libcamel), evolution, glib (maybe glib2 in your
distro, I do not know), glib-networking and gnutls, thus the backtrace
will have some meaning. You can get the backtrace with command like
this:

   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt

Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).

By the way, are the accounts on the same server? Some servers can
reject multiple connections from one machine, I recall it was an issue
in the past. Will reading messages for the accounts separately, by
using menu File->Send/Receive->account_name?
        Bye,
        Milan