Re: [Evolution] SOLVED (probably) Re: "Error while performing operation. Cannot get message with message ID ..."

Am Samstag, den 03.08.2019, 23:06 +0200 schrieb Volker Wysk:
Am Samstag, den 03.08.2019, 21:41 +0100 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sat, 2019-08-03 at 20:18 +0200, Volker Wysk wrote:
The server reported a message as being present, but then can't
deliver
it. How is this different from an actual server-side error and
how is
the client supposed to know?

It may be a server-side error. But when the server can't deliver
the
message, because meanwhile some other agent did something to it
(deleted it, for instance, or moved it somewhere), then it's
not.

I'm afraid that the client can't know. The server would have to
remember that there was a message with that ID, which has now
expired.
Then it could tell the client "ID expired" instead of "ID
invalid".

So your suggestion is to change the IMAP protocol and have all IMAP
servers implement the change. Good luck with that.

No. I'm just trying to make things clear.

I'd suggest, is that evolution should just ignore the server's
response ("invalid id") in the context which we have here, since it
can
be perfectly okay, and not be a server-side error.

I mean, evolution should ignore the server's response and cancel what
it was about to do. Of course it can't just continue, after the
"invalid id" response has happened.

Volker