Re: [Evolution] "Error while performing operation. Cannot get message with message ID ..."

Hi!

On Fri, 2019-08-02 at 13:18 +0200, Volker Wysk wrote:
Hello

Since I upgraded to evolution 3.32.1, I get the following error
message, about once per hour:

Error while performing operation. Cannot get message with message ID
...: No such message available.

I've cleared the cache, but this didn't help.

I have a hypothesis, what could be the cause.

I assume, that the message "Cannot get message with message ID ...: No
such message available." refers to the mail on the IMAP server, that
is, fetching it from the IMAP server is what fails.

I have TWO agents listening via IMAP IDLE to the same IMAP server in
question: evolution and - in the background - getmail. The second one
fetches mail from the remote IMAP server and pushes it to another,
local Dovecot IMAP server. But that's another story.

My guess is, that evolution sees a new message on the server, with some
ID. Then getmail sees the same message, downloads it and deletes it
from the server. Then evolution tries to download it (or parts of it,
such as the subject and author) and fails, because the ID is now no
longer there.

I have two mail accounts in evolution. A regular one, and a second one,
which is for playing around. The second one is the one listening to the
remote IMAP server. I've turned it off now. Let's see, if the problem
still occurs.

Cheers,
Volker