Re: [Evolution] SOLVED (probably) Re: "Error while performing operation. Cannot get message with message ID ..."

Am Samstag, den 03.08.2019, 12:01 +0100 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sat, 2019-08-03 at 07:58 +0200, Volker Wysk wrote:
This means (probably) that evolution 3.32.1 doesn't properly cope
with
folders which are used/accessed by two or more IMAP clients
simultaneously. A message ID can be valid in one moment and invalid
in
the next, because a different agent has done something. That's not
an
error, it should just be ignored (as far as I can tell).

How is Evolution supposed to know it's not an error? If you have two
different and uncoordinated email clients manipulating the same
server
mailbox, each of them can only report on what it sees.

I don't know. But it should be taken into consideration that this can
happen and is not an error.

If you want to use getmail to fetch mail and put it on your local
IMAP
server, then I suggest you point Evolution to the *local* server.

That's what I'm doing, with the other account.

Bye,
Volker