Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Gnome Evolution Archive function

Sorry, how incomplete of me:
3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

Things change, bugs get fixed. Archiving is relatively knew so it's
evolving. Version is important.

When I go to Preferences->Mail Preferences->Archive Mail, I only see
folders under mail accounts. (same for defaults for any given email
account, btw.)

Is the "On This Computer" enabled in the account list?

I was hoping I could archive to my local machine instead of to a
folder in my email account. That would drag the messages being
archived out of email and put them on disk locally only. I'm guessing
that's not possible, then?

Of course it's possible.  If enabling the local storage doesn't work -
or even if it does - then you could create an account of type "Maildir-
format mail directories" or "Standard unix mbox mail spool directory"
(for performance I would suggest Maildir format, but it's up to you)
and point it at a (empty) directory on your local machine and archive
all your mail to that account - then you know where it is, it's outside
the folders managed by Evolution so is transportable, and is in a known
standard format.

P.