Re: [Evolution] Gnome Evolution Archive function

Please, could you always say which version of Evolution you are using -
things like this do change over time.  It would also be helpful in this
case that we knew what sort of account you are using.

"On This Computer" and at my email address seem to conflict. Is there
a way to archive to a local folder on my computer?

Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Preferences is where you set the default
archive folder for the "On This Computer" folders.  You can set the
folder to be anything you want (by clicking in the grey box and
selecting another folder).

For other accounts you can set the archive folder by going Edit ->
Preferences -> Mail Accounts -> select account -> Edit -> Defaults

You can also set the archive folder on a per folder basis.

Finally, even with things set up this way... nothing seems to happen
if I set up a mail folder to archive messages > 3 days old. Messages
older than 3 days just keep smiling up at me from said folder.

Make sure the archive folder is set up in all the correct places for
the type of account.

P.