Re: [Evolution] lost local folders when migrating data

On Wed, 2019-04-17 at 07:20 -0400, John Sauter wrote:
I noticed something unusual in the left pane of Evolution.  After my
e- mail accounts but before "Search Folders" there is a line
"local_mbox".

        Hi,
that's the backup evolution was talking about before the migration. You
can see it in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts too.

When I click on it, it reveals no contents.

This is odd. The listing you gave suggests it's a maildir structure,
thus what really had been in ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/. You
mentioned a power failure, maybe the account is not set properly. You
can create a new mail account of type "Maildir-format mail directories"
and point it to this backup, which should show you the files again. If
not, then delete the folders.db file from that folder (or rather more
it away) and start evolution, which will recreate it.

I do not know why you've been asked for the migration, that might be
some fault on the disk or something. The content of the "..maildir++"
file in there is important. A similar file should be seen in the
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.
        Bye,
        Milan