Re: [Evolution] lost local folders when migrating data

On Tue, 2019-04-16 at 07:04 -0400, John Sauter wrote:
I am running Evolution version 3.30.5 (3.30.5-1.fc29) on the Fedora
distribution of GNU/Linux.  Recently Evolution asked if it could
perform a migration, and assured me that a copy of my data would be
preserved.  I allowed it.

If you did not use version 2.32 (migration from mbox to maildir format)
or version 3.6 (migration from ~/.evolution to XDG standard folders)
before, then I have no idea what kind of "migration" this refers to.

Later I noticed that all of my local folders, where I keep old e-mails
that I might want to reference later, had disappeared from "On This
Computer".

What kind of email account type were these e-mails from? POP? IMAP?

Which folders are still there and displayed under "On This Computer"?

I poked around in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail and found a directory named
9d8ea32ba2403d0384ee571755fb07b1045001c2.   Within that directory is
all of my old local folders.  How do I access them from evolution?

Probably by moving them under ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ if
you are really sure that they were under "On This Computer" before. But
before trying that I'd first love to see my questions above answered.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/