Re: [Evolution] User Set Default Appointment Reminder Time

Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes, I think we interpret the meaning differently.  I HAD found the setting you noted, but that setting gets applied to EVERY  new appointment.

My, probably poorly-worded, intention was to investigate one or more user-specified additions to the reminder drop down  NOT automatically applied.  Say, one wanted to be able to select from, e.g., 1 day before, 3 days before, and 7 days before (start).

Now, it IS the case that by changing the 'set default reminder' as noted, the specified reminder DOES appear in the drop-down (though it is also already in the selected reminder list).  I'm sure I'm not explaining this correctly.

Ah... I just discovered something interesting (and, perhaps, this is to what you were referring).... setting a default reminder (let's say 7 days before) via the preferences, then closing the prefs, then reopening the prefs and UNSELECTING the 'set default reminder' checkbox LEAVES the 7 days before entry in the drop down.  Not perfect (for my overall intention), but it provides a reasonable work-around.

thanks,

Ed