Re: [Evolution] Enabling ActiveSync in Evolution

On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 02:30 +0200, Robert Maerz via evolution-list
wrote:
I still can not connect via ActiveSync because I am never asked for a
password and the relevant DConf key never gets created.

        Hi,
I see, it's very tricky to make it work. Depending on the way you
compiled the evolution-activesync you may or may not need to start the
activesyncd manually. It was needed here, thus I run:

   $ ${PREFIX}/libexec/activesyncd

which might be in your case probably: /usr/libexec/activesyncd

This might be done only after you set the password, which can be done
with this command:

   $ gsettings set org.meego.activesyncd.account:/org/meego/activesyncd/account/<account-id>/ password
'secret'

where the <account-id> is shown in the dconf-editor and looks like the
entered email address in evolution for me. If you cannot write the
password on the command line, then keep there only the 'secret' word
and correct it in the dconf-editor, which will show the password key
now.

With the password set run the activesyncd, then run evolution and
things should start working, as long as your ActiveSync URL is correct.
Make sure the activesyncd is running after login/before you run
evolution, in case it won't start automatically for you.

Any password change requires the activesyncd restart, to not have it
use the old passwords and/or stale connections.
        Bye,
        Milan