Re: [Evolution] Daylight savings time

El mar, 02-04-2019 a las 21:09 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list
escribió:
On Tue, 2019-04-02 at 19:59 +0200, aguador wrote:
El mar, 02-04-2019 a las 18:53 +0200, Andre Klapper escribió:
In which exact type of calendar?

repeating Andre's above question: what is the calendar type, please?

Some calendars (like those connecting to Exchange) convert timezone
information forth and back as needed. Evolution relies on libical
here,
which can use tzdata for the timezone information (version of both
would be nice to know). Could you right-click one of the affected
events and choose "Save as iCalendar", then pick one correct event
and
save it too, then check what DTSTART information is there, that after
BEGIN:VEVENT line, please? It shows what timezone is used and the
start
time - it might not be anything private/sensitive, I hope.

I vaguely recall some issue with timezone being read as UTC, which
could move the times in a "wrong direction", but 3.32.0 should be
fine,
it's the latest stable release. You also said the timezone
information
on the events are correct, thus it kind of voids it too.
      Bye,
      Milan

Thanks, Milan.

In general these appointments are created and maintained by Evo on a
single machine. However, after having looked at the appointments
attached, I seem to recall having created some items on an Android
phone and exported them in ical format. This might explain the
shorter/simpler data in the erroneous file and the source of both the
color error shown and the time error.

I have attached 2 appointments from this week: Daniel is correct (and
of later and I assume Evo creation); Luis_Ignacio has an hour added.
The first shows changes back and forth between standard and daylight
savings times, but results in displaying the correct time.

The second, which is wrong, shows a start time for 9.00, while the one
from the week before shows the correct start time of 8.00.

So the Android app is likely the root of this evil?

Best,
Roy