Re: [Evolution] ews calendar backend error - "The property has an invalid value."

On Tue, 2018-09-04 at 10:36 +0200, Torsten Krah via evolution-list
wrote:
It looks like this in the ical file generated from the base64 data:

UID:a720cd36-20d7-4c9a-93fd-4f43a5eafb4b

that's interesting. I'd expect that the Exchange server uses the long
UIDs.

If I export the ical from Outlook the UID line is just "empty":

UID:

but this ^^^ might explain it, maybe. I suppose the Outlook somehow
reconstructs the iCalendar object, instead of asking the server for it,
and as it failed to read the calendar:UID, it silently ignored the
error and left the UID empty. The empty UID is an invalid value for
sure.

Anything more I should try or do before deleting that "broken" one, I
don't know how to get it back into that state ^^.

Neither do I.

Should I delete + reimport the ical file now? Its ok to have it
missing the attendees, its in the past anyway and I know with whom I
was there

Yes, you can. I'm afraid we cannot figure out what happened when it had
been added to the Exchange calendar the first time that it garbled the
calendar:UID value. The only thing to have it in your calendar for
would be to test some fix, which would eventually try to skip such
broken events or work with them somehow differently, but as this
happened for the first time and I'm unsure of the root cause (knowing
it one can decide how much it is a valid state and should be
properly/somehow handled), then I'd just fix it by deleting the event
from the server. Either you can re-import it, or not. It depends
whether you want to have it in the history of your calendar. I guess
the iCalendar object contains also ATTENDEE: properties, which you can
use, or just change the UID in the Outlook-exported object and import
it, supposing Outlook provided more complete iCalendar object than the
Exchange server itself (+/- the empty UID).

Thanks again for your help and all the testing being done.
        Bye,
        Milan