Re: [Evolution] Unicode / UTF-8 in Headers

On Wed, 2018-10-03 at 08:53 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2018-10-03 at 07:31 +0100, Neil Romig wrote:

I am running a mail server using Courier 1.0, and we get an
occasional email with unencoded UTF-8 in the subject line which
Evolution (and Thunderbird for that matter) is unable to display. Is
there some setting I can use to fix this, or alternatively are there
plans to handle 8-bit content in the header?

      Hi,
would you have any test message, please? I do not care of data
itself,
the message body can be "censored", the same as most of the headers,
because I'm mostly interested in the content headers and whether they
define any charset and whether that charset is also utf8 or any
different. You can change the character set in the View->Character
Encoding->... menu, but whether it'll have any influence on the
Subject
header I do not know. If the body uses a different charset/encoding,
then the change in the View menu will "garble" the message body.
      Bye,
      Milan

Milan,

I will forward the complete message to you - but it is unremarkable
except for the raw UTF-8 in the "Subject:" line. Evolution is OK if the
UTF-8 is encoded in base-64 or quote-printable format but seems not to
cope with the raw stuff.

Here is the subject line :

Subject: Thinking of the US? 🌍 Choose UA and AA flights ✈️

Where the globe and the aircraft are Unicode characters U+1F30D and
U+1F6EA.

Neil.