Re: [Evolution] Unicode / UTF-8 in Headers

On Wed, 2018-10-03 at 07:31 +0100, Neil Romig wrote:
I am running a mail server using Courier 1.0, and we get an
occasional email with unencoded UTF-8 in the subject line which
Evolution (and Thunderbird for that matter) is unable to display. Is
there some setting I can use to fix this, or alternatively are there
plans to handle 8-bit content in the header?

        Hi,
would you have any test message, please? I do not care of data itself,
the message body can be "censored", the same as most of the headers,
because I'm mostly interested in the content headers and whether they
define any charset and whether that charset is also utf8 or any
different. You can change the character set in the View->Character
Encoding->... menu, but whether it'll have any influence on the Subject
header I do not know. If the body uses a different charset/encoding,
then the change in the View menu will "garble" the message body.
        Bye,
        Milan