Re: [Evolution] Contacts solution wanted

On Thu, 2018-06-07 at 15:43 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
Thus there's that "search in Notes of contacts" missing only,
right?

Yes, this is my main concern: Be able to search all over all address
book entries - and create a contacts list from the result.

        Hi,
I've been specifically talking about searching in Notes of contacts,
because the rest works fine.

I looked around and when you pick "Any field contains" search type
(when clicked on the magnifier icon), then it'll search in Notes as
well, in addition to other columns. There is nothing prebuilt to search
only in Notes, the only option is Advanced Search->Add Condition->
Expression and type there for your "sailing & Berlin" example:

  (contains "note" "sailing Berlin")

and that's it. You can save such search in Search menu, if used often.

That means, it's all there, only some parts of your requirement are not
integrated in the GUI and require advanced knowledge. Especially the
Expression part is problematic, because there is no user documentation
for it (or at least I do not know about any).
        Bye,
        Milan