Re: [Evolution] Combining "/sent" mail directories in different user accounts

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 16:03:04 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 14:13 +0100, Richard Bown wrote:
rsync

Assuming POP accounts using the same MUA or off-line IMAP and assuming
the same UID, for both approaches, a sync should do the job. If not, at
least a script might be needed to run chown. There might be other
pitfalls as well.

Theoretically I'm mistaken, if you read posts of real usage, I'm
seemingly right, rsync comes with pitfalls, especially regarding the
UID. However, you are seemingly right that rsync could do the job, but
mistaken that it is the easiest way, it seems to be rocket science to
use rsync without a mistake. At least for all of us, who don't use rsync
for this kind of task on a regular basis.