Re: [Evolution] Combining "/sent" mail directories in different user accounts

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 22:08:32 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 11:44 -0800, Racer X wrote:
I am interested in combining sent messages in an Evolution account on
one laptop, with sent messages in an Evolution account on another
laptop for a different user. How can I do this? Thanks in advance.

Make sure both accounts are remote (like IMAP). Set up the second IMAP
account on your first laptop. Create a search folder on your first
laptop that combines the Sent folders of both IMAP accounts.

I'm using POP and set up Evolution to delete retrieved mails for each
account after one day.

Edit > Preferences > Double click an account > Receiving Options >
[x] Leave messages on server
Delete after 'x' days

For 'x' chose a time that fits to your needs.

This only fails for mails without a 'Date' header, but then you still
could save the mail as mbox to an USB stick and load it by the other
computer's MUA, assuming the mail without 'Date' header shouldn't be
spam.