Re: [Evolution] Chance of Corruption?

On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 19:30 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
      Hi,
as far as I can tell, depending on the account type,

Pop 3

 evolution doesn't
overwrite files with messages it already downloaded (it does that for
mbox, but not for Maildir or IMAP), thus the chance to have corrupted
message itself in "good accounts" is minimal. Any corruption in such
accounts mostly depends on the file system itself (caches not flushed
to the disk when the power off happened and so on), from my point of
view.

<SNIP SNIP>

If I read that correctly, that means email's already downloaded and put
away in folders should be fine. Since EVO doesn't overwrite email's
already previously downloaded.

I honestly don't know what caused Kubuntu to freeze... All I had open
was EVO and Firefox trying to load my banking site to pay my bills.
Today's my pay day WHOO HOO but bummer... I get to watch it go right
back out the window it just came in < Laughs>

Thank you and take care!
-- Chris

Main Email address: chris cwm030 com
(Please send all off topic messages to my main address..Thanks)