Re: [Evolution] Filtering Emails.... Why don't they work?

On Sun, 2018-07-15 at 14:09 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
I do not understand why filtering DOES NOT work at all in this
application!!!

Lets say I have an email in my inbox:

https://imgur.com/a/yNRvoz7

Okay, I want it moved to a folder:

I right click on the email

go to create

I select create rule for sender:

<SNIP SNIP>

I think I've fixed it somewhat......

It seems like on this screen https://imgur.com/a/My26iQw

You leave FOR ACCOUNTS: set as ALL ACCOUNTS

And then point it to the folder you want the email to go do.

But wouldn't that be dangerous?

Say for instance... I have this bill I have to pay every 6 months...
And for some reason I get  2 copies of the recipt at 2 different email
addresses.

Leaving the box FOR ACCOUNTS: ALL ACCOUNTS

Wouldn't that cause both copies of that email in both accounts to be
deleted?

If I wanted a rule to set up to delete a copy?

Unless you did something like

IF FROM: BillChrisHasToPay CompanyName com
Sent To: MYMSNAccount MSN com

Then: DELETE EMAIL

So EVO knows just to delete the Hotmail addresses copy? and not the
other one?

Chris