Re: [Evolution] Filtering Emails.... Why don't they work?

On Sun, 2018-07-15 at 20:22 +0100, Richard Bown wrote:
Hi Chris
I've noticed that unless you select a message for filtering nothing
happens.
If you are filtering messages in a folder, try  CTRL A  then CTRL Y

 (select all then filter selected messages)

I found that EVO filters messages on start up and on new mail on
arrival.
I wonder if this is what is perplexing you ?
HTH

Thank you so much Richard on solving the 1st part of my problem...
But I have one last question:

I now wonder Richard,  if you might  be able to answer the last
perplexing question " To the saga of filtering" ( It's supposed to be
read like a book title} ( huge grin) :P

It seems like on this screen https://imgur.com/a/My26iQw

You leave FOR ACCOUNTS: set as ALL ACCOUNTS

And then point it to the folder you want the email to go do.

But wouldn't that be dangerous?

Say for instance... I have this bill I have to pay every 6 months...
And for some reason I get  2 copies of the recipt at 2 different email
addresses.

Leaving the box FOR ACCOUNTS: ALL ACCOUNTS

Wouldn't that cause both copies of that email in both accounts to be
deleted?

If I wanted a rule to set up to delete a copy?

Unless you did something like

IF FROM: BillChrisHasToPay CompanyName com
Sent To: MYMSNAccount MSN com

Then: DELETE EMAIL

So EVO knows just to delete the Hotmail addresses copy? and not the
other one?

Chris