Re: [Evolution] Filtering outbound messages problem [ CONCLUSION FAILED] Lol

I believe I have found a fix for this problem also.....

I basically had to set this alias up as if it was another email
address.

But then also, under outgoing emails check the box that says " This
server needs authentication" and then put my main address in that box
(
chris cwm030 com)

And then go into Edit > Preferences> Accounts > "Evolution Email
account" > Defaults> And then set that any emails sent from this
address ( EvolutionEmail cwm030 com) save to the folder " Evolution >
Sent"

<SNIP>
<SNIP>

Let's just say I lied...... We've got bigger problems now...

Evolution does have alias's... You are asked on the setup screen if you
have any alias's.... https://imgur.com/a/FlKeNyH

The problem with putting alias's in that box was I couldn't sort emails
into certain folders

Like lets say I want all emails sent from EvolutionEmail cwm030 com to
be stored in EVOLUTION > SENT ... As seen in this screenshot below.
https://imgur.com/a/FTd3TT0

For the life of me I could not get a filter to stop storing emails sent
from EvolutionEmail CWM030 com into the folder i've screenshotted below

 https://imgur.com/a/FTd3TT0

So I had this bright idea that I could go and set up another email
account with just my alias. Thinking I could filter emails that way. It
works, but you'll see why later it fails in other aspects.

( screenshots are posted in order)

https://imgur.com/a/duwngRn

https://imgur.com/a/bm60cYx

https://imgur.com/a/ahOziGr

https://imgur.com/a/zzsAzma - Now in this screen shot, I said this in a

previous group message if I hadn't of checked the box that says server
requires auth. My emails would not send from this address the Evolution
@CWM030.com because my Exchange account would think that the EvolutionE
mail cwm030 com is the email account I sent email from everyday and it
would try to authenticate with that address and fail ( because Evolutio
nEmail cwm030 com is ONLY an ALIAS!

 So by telling EVO to authenticate with chris cwm030 com the emails go
through without a hitch, because it is authtinicating with my mail
address.

https://imgur.com/a/pGW7XJf - Finally I got what I was expecting for...
Any emails sent from this address to be stored in the folder nested
under Evolution group.

I just opened EVO for the first time today ( its now 1:26 PM CDT) and
I'm getting double emails like 2 emails of everthing from the group.
Even though I have this " alias account" set to NOT CHECK for email..

https://imgur.com/a/ahOziGr

Thanks to whoever sent me the tutorial on how to set up filters.

I was skimming through this just yesterday or the day before I believe.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/FAQ

Thanks,
Chris