Re: [Evolution] Mail disappearing from Inbox when moving different mail / Issue with folders.db !?

Thanks for the pointers, but it appears to be a different issue. A
pretty weird one to say the least, because Evolution 3.18.5.2 used to
be working fine as you can read below.

I'm currently running Ubuntu 16.04, and to test, I just switched back
to a previous 16.04 installation on a different drive which served to
clone to the one I'm currently using. I applied all updates etc. my
current system has seen since switching, and tried to reproduce the
Evolution problem with the old installation where it's 3.18.5.2 as well
- I couldn't!

What I've found out so far is, that only labeled messages disappear
(important, personal, etc.). They do so when...

1. A new messages arrives in Inbox via POP3
2. One or more messages are moved from Inbox to any other folder
3. One or more messages are moved from any other folder to Inbox.

This is nicely reproducible. Inbox stats on the top left show a number
N that includes the disappeared messages, but when selecting all
messages in Inbox, it shows me "N-i / N" messages selected, where i is
the number of the messages that disappeared. All of the disappeared
messages re-appear after deleting folders.db and restarting Evolution.

I don't have any filters, searches or weird view options applied.
Unfortunately I can't tell for how long this problem persists already.
I usually keep about 20..30 messages in my Inbox, some of which date
back to about a year. Amongst these were about a handful of labeled
messages which, before they had obviously disappeared, have been out of
view due to the window size for a while. Therefore I can't tell when
they actually disappeared.

And no, this is no pre-April 1st.

Anyone?!