Re: [Evolution] Reply Header Order?

On 1月 19 2018, at 5:00 凌晨, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Fri, 2018-01-19 at 07:45 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
P.S.: by the way, Ctrl+L replies to the list, even some people here
prefer Reply to All. Reply to list works better for me. HTML on this
list is sort of bad, the same as the "outlook style" reply (it's harder
to read when not using top posting, which is also kind of bad on this
list), but I can understand that you are used to it from your work
environment, which makes perfect sense.

Just to reiterate: list members are encouraged to use Reply to List
when possible, but unfortunately when someone on a thread uses Reply To
All then all subsequent replies on that subthread are forced to use it
too.

Regarding top-posting: what is common practice in corporate or private
emails is not the preferred style on mailing lists. The culture is
different and the *strong* preference, especially for those who use
mailing lists a lot, is to employ the in-line style of selectively
quoting the parts we want to comment on, with the relevant comment
following the quote. This is much easier to read, particularly in long
nested comments. The top-posting style also wastefully copies the
entire context of the message over and over again to no purpose
(everything is available on the list archive anyway).

Cheers

poc

Alright noted. I will correct my habits.