Re: [Evolution] sync

If you want to keep using IMAP as a protocol (which I assume you use
currently)
Either you would create an offline archive folder to store messages in.
Or you would create folders on the server where you store messages you
want to keep. That way your online inbox can still be emptied (because
messages are moved to another folder) /and/ you will have local (as
well as online if you choose for an online folder) access to the mail.

Gijs