Re: [Evolution] How to hide "X-Mailer" and sender IP address from headers?

I am also looking for a way to send emails using Gnome Evolution
without reveling sender's IP address (or by anonymizing it).
As far as I know this depends on your mail host. If you maintain your
mailserver yourself you could change this so it doesnt reveal the
submitting IP.
**** Obviously the server IP will always be known. *****

+1,000.   There is no substantive point to doing this; so very little
software supports it.

The other solution, which is guaranteed to work is to connect to your
mailhost using a VPN or other anonymizing solution like for example
TOR.

This.

Of course if you maintain your mail server yourself you could also
strip any header you'd like serverside.

It would be a pretty simple milter; just to replace X-Mailer with a
random number.  Pointless, but simple.

https://pythonhosted.org/milter/

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010