Re: [Evolution] Can not move mail to imap folder (exchange server)

On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 11:33 -0600, Chris Roth wrote:
C00036 UID MOVE 45807 Linux
[COPYUID 157 45807 59]
* 434 EXPUNGE
* 433 EXISTS
C00036 OK MOVE completed.

        Hi,
it seems to me that your server is somehow broken. None of my Exchange
servers support MOVE command, unfortunately, but I could try with a
Dovecot server, which returns:

A00020 UID MOVE 22 INBOX
* OK [COPYUID 1440671292 22 770] Moved UIDs.
* VANISHED 22
A00020 OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 76] Move completed (0.111 secs).

and then also with an imap-mail.outlook.com, which provides similar
output as that your, but this time a correct syntax:

A00093 UID MOVE 93 INBOX
* OK [COPYUID 14 93 2004]
* 90 EXPUNGE
* 366 EXISTS
A00093 OK MOVE completed.

The difference is that the COPYUID response from the server is properly
prefixed as an untagged response (with "* OK "). That's an issue of the
server, with which Evolution cannot do much, except of adding some sort
of workaround, but as many other servers work properly, then I'd
hesitate to do any such workaround in the code.

I've been also thinking of adding some Advanced Settings to IMAP
account Properties, where users would be able to disable usage of
certain IMAP protocol extension(s) on their own. As it is now, when the
server supports certain extension, then the IMAPx code uses it. Your
option would be to not use it, even when the server advertises it as
supported. This is not implemented (yet), it's only an idea. I also do
not know whether there's any bug for it filled (it's good for
tracking).
        Bye,
        Milan